We were psyched to check out the Internets yesterday and discover Endless Simmer gave us a killer “E for Excellent” blog rating award. What can I say? We’re just the food geeks excited to be invited to a cool guy’s party.
Because sharing is caring (and it’s the whole point of this award, so pass it on), here’s our list of 10 most excellent blogs:
- Frozen Tropics: Elise keeps us up to date on the good, the bad and the gentrifying in the H St/Trinidad area.
- DC Foodies: The granddaddy of DC food blogs. Respect. (Plus their cheese writer is sexy.)
- So Good: Fortune 500 corporations spend millions on R&D for food products and marketing strategy. Eick picks them apart in a DC-minute (which is a lot like a New York minute except for extra time added for bureaucracy, getting stuck behind motorcades and broken escalators in the metro).
- Katie Barnes Photography: Hands down the best photojournalism blog out there.
(5 – 10 after the jump)
- Pop Candy: All things alternative pop culture. Plus it’s a great source for new and rising music.
- Fail Blog: Simple. Perfect. Hilarious.
- Stuff White People Like: Great satire.
- The Bitten Word: Go for the food porn, stay for the write ups.
- The Houndstooth Gourmet: A great report on cooking what’s in season in DC.
- Overheard in New York: All those crowded trains are good for something.